Fries are done

Friday, September 08, 2006

Catching up on Thank Yous

These are not in any particular order, but I wanted to make sure we thank everyone and cards are just not going to get out anytime soon! :)
  • Soji- WOW - thanks for the quick response with the groceries, I only wish we hadn't been at the hospital so long! The watermelon was a big hit with Dante, a good way to get him fluids. We haven't dug into the frozen foods yet, but those will come in handy!
  • John - thanks for checking in on the kitties for us and helping out around the house. You have always been so great about being there for us when we need it.
  • Louise - the beef stew was still hot a couple of hours later when we got to eat it! Thanks! Tell Ross it was yummy.
  • Molly- thanks for the surprise soup. I was at the hospital by myself that night, and hadn't even thought of dinner plans, so it worked out perfect.
  • Lara - the Panera for lunch was a nice treat. That was the day we were getting super sick of cafeteria food.
  • Caroline - I can tell you were an elementary school teacher with the food labels! :) The cookies were gone quickly and that was enough pasta for the whole family!
  • Nicole - the chicken and yellow rice was yummy - I had plenty for a couple of lunches afterwards. Those books you brought Dante - that's all he wants to read now! "pigeon book, baby animals, zoo book" is now his mantra. Oh and you wouldn't believe the trouble that dinosaur ball was getting us into! :)
  • Carol and Joe- thanks for the noisy car (dad would have loved that), the research information and support.
  • Dave - Who knew kitty litter would be so important? Thanks for being on call, and persevering through the bad days.
  • Laurie - fries, fries and more fries...Dante has loved all of your gifts, especially the button book that we are all singing daily! You are going to spoil the little guy - he likes seeing his Aunt Laurie as much as getting presents. It sure was nice to come home to a clean house, although I'm not sure I'd hire them again! :)
  • Christy - Thanks for the lunch and the help around the house for my first venture home in a week. I'm sorry we didn't get more time to catch up, but hopefully we will visit at Christmas. I think I might get hooked on that Thai Trout wrap from Evos. :)
  • Heather - thanks for coming to help out on such short notice( thank your mom too!), I'm glad it worked out that we got to go to lunch and I got to see some sunlight for the first time that week. You have been a great help just listening.
  • Jenny - thanks for the emails and phone call to put us at ease and let us know everything was OK and that we were in good hands. It really has helped to ease our anxiety.
  • Erica - I heard you mowed our lawn? :) Thanks, I knew that wasn't going to get done anytime soon. I think the neighbors are going to have to get used to tall grass around here! Oh wait - my grass is always tall! Can you see why I put it off? Our yard is huge!
  • Dori and Barbara - thanks for calling on your friends in the know to reassure us that we are doing the right things for Dante.
  • Mom - There are not enough words to thank you enough for all of your support. We love you so much and couldn't get through this without you.
  • Mike - Dante just loves to see you and I think Carina is developing a crush, as you get more smiles out of her than anyone else!
  • Renee - You are so great and patient with Dante, especially when the "mommy! mommy!" was starting to wear thin on me. Thanks so much for walking the halls with Dante and being an extra hand.
  • Julie - Holy Cow! Your thoughtful planning and quick action were really amazing. The contributions of all at Raymond James are so greatly apprecitated. We are certain it will all be put to good use in the coming weeks.
  • Winnie (Chris' Mom) - Thank you for rearranging your schedule to help us get settled into our new routine, and for sharing all your experience.
  • Everyone - who called, and emailed, and stopped by in the hospital. Who extended positive thoughts and prayers, and have encouraged us to be strong and get well. The long road ahead of us does not seem so crooked.
I'm sure there are people I am forgetting, but we truly appreciate it all.~ I can't even explain how amazing it is to have a good support system come through for you when you need it the most.

Many people are asking what else they can do, I think you will be able to tell through my posts when things are getting tough, but I will let you know. For this week, Winnie(Chris's mom) is here helping us out, so we should be OK.


Thanks again to everyone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home