Fries are done

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

No More Purple Medicine!

Since the first round of chemo and for 6 months after, we have been taking "purple medicine" 2 times a day, 3 days a week. Dante has been just great about taking it and never minded at all. We were almost out so I called the clinic for a refill and Irene called back to say "Dante is done taking the Septra!" Yea! One more milestone passed, let's keep them coming! We have a CT scan scheduled for next week, so melt that ice cream if you think about it!

Dante had swimming lessons today and he did great! He got right in the pool and sort of paid attention. He let Ms. Walker hold him up to float on his back and even to pull out his legs to try and kick off the wall. Let's hope that he keeps it up! One cool bonus of going to swim lessons, is that I ran into an old friend who I have known since we were very young and all through middle and high school. As a matter of fact, I recall we had some pretty silly nicknames we called ourselves in middle school that I blush to think about! I ran into her and another old friend within 24 hours recently and attended my nephew's graduation at my alma mater, so I figured it was destiny...I have to attend my 20 year high school reunion this month.

Carina had a melt down yesterday because we lost "Happy Birthday Duck"...she doesn't go anywhere without it. Luckily, Nicole came to our rescue and we now have 1 plus 3 backups!


Dante had his first full day of preschool this week and seemed to do pretty well. He is going 3 days a week and then has swim lessons the other 2, so he will be a busy boy this summer! He is always excited to talk about school, but still puts up a fuss about getting dressed to go in the morning. Although, since Alligator Point, none of us has really wanted to get dressed much!

1 Comments:

  • Congrats on all the wonderful milestones. Oh--and Mrs. Walker is wonderful. Zane has been going to her for 2 years now. You will have a fish on your hands if you don't already. Keep up the good news...

    Cindy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home