Fries are done

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Missing our grandma...

Chris's mom, Winifred, passed away on Friday morning, October 13th. She had a stroke and went into cardiac arrest at the hospital during testing. Chris was able to fly up late Thursday night and Tom arrived in from Japan on Friday afternoon. This was sudden and completely unexpected, as she had been here to help us with Dante just last month. There is a funeral scheduled for Tuesday in CT and a burial in the family plot in LaGrangeville, NY on Wednesday.

We love and miss you bunches Grandma!




Our favorite nursing staff is on today - Nancy, Adissa and Jessie - so we got a private room for our last day and night here! Yea! Dante is definitely more nauseous on this visit and is not eating anything, like they told us he would do. He tries one bite of everything and then says "no." But, other than that, he is in good spirits and luckily, this visit has been quite uneventful.

5 Comments:

  • I am so sorry to hear about the family's loss...Sometimes it is impossible to understand the timing of things. Please send our love to Chris, and to each of you.

    I am happy to see that Dante's counts are KICKIN' and that the AFP is getting lower and lower! MELT, I say.

    love to all, Jenny

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 PM  

  • Hi Chris & Jen,

    It's Jen Greene, Chris's friend from high school. I saw my cousin, who is a friend of your friend Dave, and she told me about Dante. I just went to your blog to send you a note about him and saw that your mom just passed away. I'm so sorry, Chris. She looks great in the pictures--exactly the same as I remember her. I can't believe you've had to deal with so much in the past few months.

    I will be thinking of you and sending you and Jen and Dante and Carina every good wish. Your kids are gorgeous! And Dante looks like a fighter.

    xo Jen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:34 PM  

  • My heart goes out to you all. A grandmother's passing is the worst, I think sometimes. All of that love now missing, but yet, still there - make that little place for her in your hearts -where she will live - and love- forever.
    From another Nana

    By Blogger Kath, at 7:59 PM  

  • My heart goes out to you all. A grandmother's passing is the worst, I think sometimes. All of that love now missing, but yet, still there - make that little place for her in your hearts -where she will live - and love- forever.
    From another Nana

    By Blogger Kath, at 7:59 PM  

  • I miss her too......

    Dori

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home