....And still holding.
We are in a holding pattern as all of the tests have been somewhat inconclusive; His AFP came back at 12.3, and needs to be below 7.9 (Mind you he was 75,000 in August.) The PET scan was completely negative (Yea!), except for a spot that could be active where he had his biopsy (Boo!). The radiologist was somewhat noncommital about that. His report essentially said "yeah, there might be something there, but it could just as easily be scar tissue. So maybe keep an an eye on it." - Not exactly definitive.
He is SO close, and all of the tests so far show that what's left could be scar tissue or tumor. We are very enthusiastic about these results, but we don't feel like we can celebrate until we hear something definitive.
The doctor's are recommending 2 more rounds of chemo (because that's what the protocol says), however, the hospital is bursting at the seams this weekend. So we're taking advantage of the delay to get another AFP test, and see if it's still dropping.
The results should return sometime between Tues. and Fri. Hopefully Tue. Our feeling is that if the AFP is above range then we'll go back in for another round and test it again after that.
If it's in range, then we'll call it a day and keep a close eye on it over the coming months. Oh, and we'll probably pop a bottle of some sort...