Fries are done

Friday, December 22, 2006

Early gifts

We spent the last 2 days at the doctor's office getting platelet and blood transfusions before the holiday. Dante's platelet count was at 7...I think he was bruising if you looked at him funny. Hopefully, now that he got the blood, he will have more energy and be on the upswing for the holidays. His ANC is 1300 today. Still low, but not as "boy in the bubble" time as he was. The doctors wanted us to get his follow-up CT scan next week, but we said we wanted to wait another week so we could enjoy our holidays a little more!

Uncle Tommy, Keiko and Gomma arrived in town this week and we are looking forward to relaxing and enjoying family over the break.

I went to work a couple of weeks ago and as soon as I sat down the phone rang and said it was Q105, will you hold? Oh no....I'm about to be on the radio...So, I hear Mason Dixon read a letter from my friend Nora, at work. It told him about what we have been going through the past months and I was already speechless. Mason then proceeded to tell us that his charity, The Christmas Wish Fund, was going to try and make our holidays less stressful by sending us a check for $1000! I was speechless and in tears. What a nice early gift and he was right! It has already helped to lessen the holiday money stress! We have truly been blessed with wonderful friends. But, more on that later...

I'm off to try and get a couple of last minute things. I still haven't finished my homemade gifts of the year or baking. I think we will enjoy New Year's cookies instead!

1 Comments:

  • Enjoy your Holiday, cherish those little moments and most of all know that you are in our thoughts, always.

    The Jones Family
    (from the Sweet Peas)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home