Fries are done

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Home again

Just a quick note to let you know we are home. Our 72 hour stay is up and Dante's ANC is at 203. The last 2 days it had been 20, so that's a good improvement. His hemoglobin level is still super low and might need a transfusion if it drops anymore. We have to go into the doctor's office every day this week to get an injection to boost his white blood cell production and check his levels. Dr. Grana said he probably won't be ready for round 2 of chemo until next weekend.

It still means we are practically quarantined at home, but that is SO much better than the hospital. Chris and I were starting to get seriously bored this time. Last time we were so caught up in everything that I didn't notice it as much. The problem is that you have to be "on" all day long to entertain Dante or Carina. You can't just have a spare moment while Dante plays with his toys. We didn't have a crib in the room like last time to put Carina out of Dante's reach. Every time I would get her to sleep, he would go over and try to kiss and hug her or just try to play and wake her up. Needless to say, we are exhausted and could use a break.

We are going to attempt to cut his hair. :( It is falling out like crazy and getting in his face and everywhere else, so stay tuned for a photo. He has so much hair, you still can't tell, but it is getting thinner.

1 Comments:

  • So glad you are home. I can't imagine trying to keep going in the hospital with the two of them! Glad the blood count is coming up too. I want to say I think of you often and you are all in my prayers. I've told my family all about your sweet boy.
    Kip's friend Pam

    By Blogger Pam in Moncton, at 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home