Fries are done

Thursday, March 01, 2007

the Ides of March

Every year, I suddenly remember that although March is a beautiful time of year in Florida, it is miserable to a person with pollen allergies...Chris has those allergies. Which means that all windows stay closed - house and car, the cats are banished and he is trapped inside with tissue dispensers strategically placed throughout the house. Our yard looks like it is covered in golden brown snow - oak leaves and pollen.

This week, when Chris had the kids it was a bit tough trying to entertain them all day without going outside to walk, play ball or go on the playset. They went to the aquarium instead and had a good time. What a good investment that aquarium pass has been!

We start a new round of music class this Saturday and Carina will be joining us for this session. We shall see if she is as musically inclined as her big brother. I tend to think not, as she doesn't appreciate our singing nearly as much as Dante does. Dante tried to write w new song tonight to match one of his favorite books, My Big Boy Bed, but he didn't seem very happy with it, as it sounded just like the "pee pee" song. So, we set it to the tune of "Stray Cat Strut" - one of his favorites.

Today, I stopped by mom's house to pick up Carina, and Dante proceeded to ask for about everything in the house to eat, so mom casually says, "Are we still worried about his appetite?" I doubt that. He eats great and is definitely gaining weight. Although, his new fad is to steal Carina's cheerios.

Thanks for the sleep advice. We have had a decent week. Both kids have slept pretty well. Carina is learning to put herself to sleep at night and when she wakes up, it doesn't last long or else I bring her to bed with us and she passes back out. I thought I was feeling caught up on sleep and then the other night, I laid down to put Dante to bed and woke up the following morning! I never do that - I guess I needed it.

We scheduled our next CT scan for March 22nd, so no real health updates until then. Just staying in our holding pattern and hoping for a good month!

3 Comments:

  • I feel for Chris as I"m pretty miserable too! Dante is looking good and I'm so glad his appetite is back!

    By Blogger Kip, at 9:56 AM  

  • We're with you Christopher - must be in our family. We only get 2 months a year relief from our allergies....what can say? On another note we can see Dante's hair! Hooray!!!! Carina is getting so big too, what a cutie pie. Can't believe its March already, when is school out? Take care....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 AM  

  • Fantastic...LOVE Dante's hair pattern. The best is yet to come!!!!

    I need some advice from you Jen regarding BayPoint Elem. Good school? I know you're at the MS but am curious about the Elem. We're doing choice and have a few questions. Can you email me? I really appreciate it.
    Thanks...continued prayers....

    Cindy-Mom to Zane
    cbs62@verizon.net

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home