Fries are done

Monday, September 18, 2006

Good News/Bad News

We went to the clinic this morning. How a 9am appointment turns into a 10:30 visit is a question, I think, for the ages....

Anyway, the result indicated an ANC of 1600 - woo hoo!

But, a hemoglobin below 7.5 - so we're back in this afternoon for a blood transfusion. Not sure how this will go. The room looks comfortable enough - for an adult; lots of lazy-boy recliners, magazines, a tv and vcr. I'm not sure how well equiped it is for a 2 yr old, but I don't suppose a sandbox and monkey-bars would be indicated here either.

My main concern is that this procedure is going to take place right at naptime, and last for 3 hours, assuming no allergic reactions. Keep your eyes peeled for the follow up post. It should be a good one.

- chris

Visualize Sloth.

2 Comments:

  • Man! I swear it must seem as though you are jumping hurdle after hurdle. Well, hang in there (ALL of you) and know that we are all thinking about you. I come home and read this blog everyday. Thanks for having the strength to update us! I'm sure you are all beyond exhausted. Please do call for anything.

    Love,
    Caroline, Carter and Jackson

    Hugs to Dante!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:58 PM  

  • i'm glad to read the ANC's are rebounding nicely and the family is hanging tough.

    thank you for sharing your lives.. i'm at the edge of my seat, so i really appreciate the updates. you are all in my thoughts everyday.

    ..and now the cliche part:
    "DO CALL with anything i can do to help." ..from a lending ear, to an hour or two breather from it all.. just say the word and i'll facilitate.

    -schiller-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home